We, as residents of the Town of Yorktown, request that the Yorktown Town Council approve $1.4 million in bonds issued by the Yorktown Public Library to use for the proposed 3,000 square foot Building Addition and Remodeling Project.
This project will improve our growing public library by:
• Improving the experience of visiting the library for everyone
• Creating separate spaces for children, teens and adults
• Increasing number of public restrooms (currently have one)
• Relocating, enlarging and increasing access to meeting room
• Increasing number of public computers and internet access
• Making possible more and varied library programs and services
This project will improve our community by:
• Improving the overall experience of living and doing business in Yorktown
• New library building will reflect Yorktown’s values: family, education and literacy, support for local business, and healthy living
• Creating an attractive and impactful gateway into Yorktown
• Supporting success of local businesses with a Local Business Kiosk in the lobby
• Library will contribute cash for the project, reducing the amount borrowed and lowering the tax impact to individuals and businesses
View full details, including property tax impact.